Friday, January 22, 2016

Storybook Favorites


After browsing through the different storybooks, I found many examples to choose from in both the Indian Epics, and Myth-Folklore class. Each one very unique even when some of the previous students had chose the same topics to write over.  In the Indian Epics section, I found two on karma that were interesting, “Sweet Dreams are Made of These: Karma Bedtime Stories”, and “The Karma Times: I See Everything”.  What made “Sweet Dreams are Made of These: Karma Bedtime Stories” stand out, were the graphics that were used.  Rachel did a good job researching for graphics were fun and animated.  The graphics not only related to the stories, and they were age appropriate for the storybook especially for the stories of Christian and Layton.  I can tell she put a lot of time and effort into her storybook, and it was a good read. I really enjoyed her background of the animated sheep. Throughout her storybook, she continuously stayed on topic, and from the beginning as a reader I knew what to expect. I also liked “The Ramayana Museum of Art” by Kathryn.  Instead of having a light-hearted story, she set the tone to be quite dark and suspenseful, and right off the back I expected that tone to be shared in the following stories. The background and colors from both of these storybooks gave me ideas as to what kind I should be looking for and what topic I need to choose.  I notice that both storybooks were similar in set up, and they all possessed a navigation pane for the readers.


One of the ones I enjoyed the was “How I Met Your Mother” by Rachel. It was comical, and I love that she used the title is of the hit television show, as well as the “legend-Dairy” quote. Lastly, “The “Bad” Guys…Their Side of the Story” by Stacy was interesting.  I liked how she made the stories into therapy sessions being told, very creative! The photos that she used to depict the characters are not how I pictured them in my mine, but it was nice to see her perspective.  Reuben is a bit scary looking if  I might add.




No comments:

Post a Comment