Saturday, January 23, 2016

Learning Challenges


I think all the things that H.E.AR.T. encompasses will bring balance to an individual’s life.  Last year for one of the courses I was taking, the students were required to make up both a weekly and monthly schedule for our professor to determine if we were spending our time wisely. Everyone has different classes, extracurricular activities and responsibilities, and it was interesting to see how everyone uses their time.


Each day I have a set of tasks/objectives that I have to accomplish in order to feel at ease, but overall my life is not balanced.  There are things that I want to do , but I feel like I don't have the time.  I want to take time out of a day to just breath, and get back into volunteering at the City Rescue Mission and with Habitat for Humanity. The time I spend with family and friends has dwindled, and school and work have become all consuming.  With H.E.A.R.T.,  I can learn to focus my energy in areas where it is most needed, and not in areas that I believe are to be more important at that given time.

3 comments:

  1. I really love Habitat for Humanity. It is a great organization. I feel like I can definitely relate to you, though. I am a very busy person with school and work. I wish I could make more time for more important things in my life like family and friends. It makes me sad being in Norman and missing out life with them, but I know that an education is a wonderful opportunity many do not get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I was initially drawn to this post because of the picture. I really like elephants! You also have some good insight to the learning by H.E.A.R.T. challenge. I agree about the set of tasks. My day does not feel complete unless I have accomplished what I need to and as a student the list can go on and on. I guess that’s why the library closes at 2 a.m.

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, Dijoun!

    I really like your take on the Learning By Heart assignments. It’s definitely interesting to see how people use their time, and I always wonder whether I am using mine wisely. We only get so much, and I don’t want to waste it! I totally understand what you mean about implementing some more balance. I too love volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, but I haven’t done that in so long. I will definitely be making it apart of my summer plans.

    ReplyDelete